- Sale: Daytime sale of Antiques, Fine Art, 20th Century Design and Collectables & Evening sale of Toys & Models
- Auction House: Frank Marshall
- Date: Tuesday 03 July 2012
- An official BPI Gold Disc (certified sales Award) presented to Jane Crossen (former PA of Gareth Evans/The Stone Roses) to recognise sales in the UK of more than 100,000 copies of the SILVERTONE Album 'THE STONE ROSES'. Jane's work for Gareth and the band was paramount (for more information refer to Lots 63 and 64) for this Jane earned herself this Gold Disc which was presented to her in 1990 by Gareth Evans/Manager of the Stone Roses and owner of the International and International II Clubs. This BPI Gold Disc comes with all official markings such as a Union Jack (top left corner), sleeve artwork (bottom left hand corner), A 12inch Gold Vinyl pressing of the album,a BPI engraved Presentation Plaque, mounted on red and glazed in a gold frame, approx. size 52x42cm. Unfortunately Jane's surname on the Presentation Plaque is spelt incorrectly 'Crossen', is spelt with an 'e' not an 'a' as the plaque reads. Never- the-less, this is an important piece of The Stone Roses history, which certifies early success of their debut album. Accompanied with this Lot is a photograph of Jane at home with the Gold Disc dated around 1990 also a statement from Jane Crossen, hand signed and dated, which states how her involvement with the band all began, also it mentions here misspelt name and other interesting memories that add authenticity to this Lot. (Viewing of this Lot is essential). Brief insight to BPI (British Phonographic Industry). The British Phonographic Industry, Awards certificates for music releases in Britain. The level of the award varies depending on the format of the release and the amount sold. BPI Certificates are not automatic, the Record Company must pay a fee to the BPI for them to carry out an audit into the release in question. Certificates are usually awarded on the basis of the amount of units the release has shipped rather that the amount it has sold (illustrated)
- Estimate: £1,800.00 - £2,000.00
This sale took place on Tuesday 03 July 2012
Login or REGISTER to bid on this item today.